Recently, thermal insulation for pipes made of polystyrene foam has become increasingly popular. In contrast to the insulation of polyethylene foam, it does not have "cold bridges" due to the connection "slot - comb". Styrofoam shell is an excellent insulator for pipes. And today we want to tell you about the benefits of using insulation for pipes produced by brand Valkyria.
Styrofoam heat insulation shells can be used at temperatures from -110 to +80 degrees Celsius. At higher temperature of the heat carrier it is necessary to use an insulating gasket between the pipe and the insulating shell (mineral wool or cork cover) which allows to increase the temperature of the heat carrier up to +110 degrees Celsius.
Thermal insulation of polystyrene foam (polystyrene foam) can also be used to insulate the well. In this case, the insulation becomes necessary to protect the water from freezing in winter. This technology is the best way to insulate the well.
Here is a list of the main advantages of such thermal insulation:
- Resistance to moisture.
- Easy to apply.
- Good soundproofing.
- Biological inertness.
- Safe installation.
- Versatile use.
- Safe for health and the environment.
- Long service life of pipelines.
- Produced from polystyrene foam PSV-C by contour cutting on modern equipment.
Application: for perfect insulation of pipelines of hot and cold water supply and other systems of residential, industrial and agricultural objects.
Range: The range of products is presented in a wide line with the possibility of individual non-standard solutions.
Typical sizes are in the following range: length - from 1000 mm, diameter: from 10 mm to 1420 mm.
The advantages of using thermal insulation for pipes produced by "Valkyria" Ltd.
- Safety during installation. When working with some insulation materials must use different equipment: protective coveralls, gloves, goggles, respirators. Styrofoam is absolutely safe for health: it does not contain fibers, binders (such as some types of mineral wool), which can be harmful to the eyes, skin and mucous membranes of the respiratory tract. Therefore, when working with it there is no need for special protective equipment.
- Ease of use. Styrofoam insulation for pipes has a low bulk weight, it does not produce dust, is not afraid of moisture, can be easily cut with a hand saw or knife, and is very easy to mechanically fasten. Therefore, all work on the insulation with PSV-C easily mastered and carried out in a short time.
- Usage. Any kind of communication pipelines in the internal and external perimeters of the building.
- Sound insulation. Styrofoam has excellent sound-insulating properties. Therefore, its use is effective for the existing water pipes, for example, in a multi-storey building.
- Durability. Studies conducted over 40 years show that polystyrene foam PSV-C is really a timeless insulation material that does not change its properties (the coefficient of thermal conductivity, physical and technical parameters and geometric shape).
- Resistance to moisture. Moisture has no effect on the polystyrene foam. Even with prolonged immersion, it absorbs a very small amount of water (up to 2%). This means that during operation, its quality remains virtually unchanged for a long time.
- Biological inertness. If the wrong insulation is selected, mold can develop in the house and air quality can deteriorate significantly. This is because some insulation materials can be affected by microorganisms. PSV-C insulation is not afraid of fungi, mold and bacteria. This advantage is relevant for thermal insulation of pipes in buildings and structures of public character.
- Safety for health and the environment. For the foaming of polystyrene pentane is used. Just like other gases, such as alkanes or methane, pentane is constantly formed in the course of natural processes in nature. These gases decompose rapidly in the atmosphere.
- Economy. Due to the optimal ratio of price to quality, the use of polystyrene foam is more affordable in comparison with other types of insulation (savings up to 15-20%).
- Long service life. External insulation prevents significant fluctuations in temperature, limiting stress and, consequently, the formation of cracks.
Products brand Valkyrie is in demand. You can find out more on the website.